Sunday, September 24, 2017

Interview Series: Prof. John Ericson

It's been a while since I have last updated my blog. I hope that I still have some readers out there!

This blog is a continuation of my interview series. Today's blog is especially the one I am really excited about. 

Back in the time where resources were still very limited and difficult to access, especially in Thailand, looking for online resources was the only go to option. Even though that seems to be normal today, it was not back then (well, around 2000 or 2002). There were few websites that I always go to but the one that contain most interesting information was (and is still) http://hornmatters.com/ which was founded by Prof. John Ericson and Bruce Hembd.  

When I had to do an interview with any horn professors that I have not known or met, Prof. Ericson was one of the first choices that came to my head. As the follower of his website, I decided to send him an email asking if he would be interested in answering my questions (which was part of an assignment) which he kindly agreed to do so!


I, then, sent him my interview questions and waited anxiously to have it back and to learn what he shared. To my surprised, he decided to answer my questions as 4 separates blogs which are now published on his website! 

Once again, I feel extremely humble and thankful for this opportunity. Trust me you will learn a lot from Prof. Ericson's insight and experience. 

Here are the four blog posts. ENJOY!

Part I: "From Orchestral Player to Professor" 

Part II: "On Teaching, Auditions, and the Future of Classical Music"

Part III: "Horn Matters and Other Creative Activity"

Part IV: "The Real World of College Teaching"

No comments:

Post a Comment